Event Date: 9/8/2012
See who has the fastest car!
Cars will be classified into one of three categories of length by LEGO® studs (or “bumps”):
– 10 to 19 studs (3 – 6 inches)
– 20 to 27 studs (6 – 8 ½ inches)
– 28 to 36 studs (8 ½ – 11 ¼ inches)
No motors of any kind are allowed to power car wheels/tires. Any and all other LEGO® pieces are allowed on cars. No non-LEGO parts allowed. Car must reach the end of the finish line intact or it is disqualified. 1ST, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies will be awarded after each category’s final race. Sign-in begins at 9:30am the day of the race. Sign-in closes 5 minutes before race time. Participants should try to be registered 30 minutes before their race begins. Child must be present to race his/her car. Child must play an active role in building their new race car.
Race times are as follows:
– 10-19 studs – 11:00am-12:00pm (Sign-in closes at 10:55am)
– 20-27 studs – 12:30pm-2:00pm (Sign-in closes at 12:25 PM)
– 28-36 studs – 3:00pm-4:00pm (Sign-in closes at 2:55 PM)
Child must be present to race his/her car. Child must play an active role in building their new car.
ADULT RACE! Following last race of 28-36 stud cars. All sizes up to 36 studs.
This is a parent / child event. Work together to build your car at home.