Lace up your ice skates and head to an outdoor ice skating rink where you’re entire family is sure to have fun! Before you go to the ice rink, be sure to talk to your kids about ice skating safety.
Here are a few tips to consider when visiting one of Atlanta’s fabulous ice skating rinks:
- Dress warmly, but don’t overdress. Make sure your kids wear a light jacket, gloves, mittens and pants that they can move in. Wear thick socks that go up past the ankles to avoid blisters.
- Your young skater should wear a helmet. A bike helmets will do. Knee pads won’t hurt!
- Most skaters go down a full shoe size in ice skates. Skates need to be fitted, worn close to the toes, but not quite touching the toes, unlike a tennis shoe.
- Put your child’s ice skates on in the lobby and have him/her walk around the lobby before entering the ice rink for the first time.
- Tell your child that he should look straight ahead at you and not look down while skating.
- Don’t encourage skating holding hands or you could end up pulling each other down! Some ice rinks offer walkers to rent for kids 5 and younger. They are great for new skaters who are establishing balance.
- You and your child should stay plenty hydrated and nourished during your ice skating outing.
- Plan your visit to the ice skating rink during a time of day when your child is most alert and happy!
Centennial Olympic Park’s Ice Skating Rink
Centennial Olympic Park’s Ice Skating Rink will be open select dates and time now through January 19, 2015. They also have a variety of food and beverages available for sale. See below for details. Admission is $12.00 per person for a 90 minute session.
REGULAR OPERATING HOURS
Monday – Thursday 4:30pm – 10:00pm
Friday 4:30pm – 11:00pm
Saturday 10:00am – 11:00pm
Sunday 10:00am – 10:00pm
November 24th – 26th Before Thanksgiving 10:00am – 10:00pm
November 27th Thanksgiving Day 2:00pm – 10:00pm
November 28th Day After Thanksgiving 10:00am – 11:00pm
December 24th Christmas Eve 10:00am – 5:00pm
December 25th Christmas Day 1:00pm – 10:00pm
December 31st New Year’s Eve 10:00am – 5:00pm
January 1st New Year’s Day 1:00pm – 10:00pm
January 19th Martin Luther King Jr. 1:00pm – 10:00pm
December 23rd, 26th – January 2nd
Sundays – Thursdays 10:00am – 10:00pm
Fridays – Saturdays 10:00am – 11:00pm
The Astor Holiday Ice Skating Rink harkens back to the elegant era of the distinguished Astor family who founded the flagship St. Regis New York in 1904. Under the warm glow of twinkling lights, glide around the exquisite ice rink to sounds of holiday melodies and enjoy seasonal favorites including hot cocoa and s’mores. The 2014 Astor Holiday Rink is open November 21, 2014 through January 4, 2015.
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
$30 per hour for adults & $18 per hour for children under 16 plus tax. Reservations are recommended.
The Southwest Rink can accommodate approximately 200 skaters at a time and it is 85 feet long and 40 feet wide. The Southwest Rink at Park Tavern offers all-day skate for $15 – $20 for all ages until 8pm. At 8:30pm the SW Rink is a 21+ venue until Midnight. The Southwest Rink is housed in our fully enclosed heated and air-conditioned tent. The SW Rink has all the modern amenities you need for a perfect day on the ice. Amenities include: lighting for day & night skating, a heated tent or air conditioned tent (depending on the weather), piped-in music with a mega sound system, and rink-side dining. Ice-skating is available “Rain or Shine!”
Hours of Operation:
Monday- Friday 4:30pm-Midnight (21+ 8pm-Midnight)
Saturday & Sunday 10:30am-Midnight (21+ 8pm-Midnight)
A 10,000-square-foot,open-air ice-skating rink, set to the backdrop of Atlanta’s premier destination for retail and restaurants. This unique, track-style rink will offer a magical winter atmosphere to skaters. Dazzling lights and holiday décor will have skaters dreaming of a white Christmas. Guests can purchase tickets on-site at the Skate Atlantic Station rink or Concierge Desk, General Admission is $13, $10- Children under 5, Seniors (65+), Military, College Students (with ID), Group Sales (20 or more w/one week or more advance booking).
Hours of Operation:
Monday -Thursday: 4:00p.m. – 10:00p.m.
Friday- Saturday: 3:00p.m. – 11:00p.m.
Sunday: 3:00 – 9:00p.m.
Back by popular demand, through December 31st, skating will be open daily this season at Lanier Islands and is now FREE with your gate admission into Lanier Islands Christmas after 5pm! Pull on some skates and zip around the rink with your great Christmas music in the air.