Lace up your ice skates and head to an outdoor ice skating rink where you’re entire family is sure to have fun! Before you go to the ice rink, be sure to talk to your kids about ice skating safety.
Here are a few tips to consider when visiting one of Atlanta’s fabulous ice skating rinks:
- Dress warmly, but don’t overdress. Make sure your kids wear a light jacket, gloves, mittens and pants that they can move in. Wear thick socks that go up past the ankles to avoid blisters.
- Your young skater should wear a helmet. A bike helmets will do. Knee pads won’t hurt!
- Most skaters go down a full shoe size in ice skates. Skates need to be fitted, worn close to the toes, but not quite touching the toes, unlike a tennis shoe.
- Put your child’s ice skates on in the lobby and have him/her walk around the lobby before entering the ice rink for the first time.
- Tell your child that he should look straight ahead at you and not look down while skating.
- Don’t encourage skating holding hands or you could end up pulling each other down! Some ice rinks offer walkers to rent for kids 5 and younger. They are great for new skaters who are establishing balance.
- You and your child should stay plenty hydrated and nourished during your ice skating outing.
- Plan your visit to the ice skating rink during a time of day when your child is most alert and happy!
Skate Atlantic Station
1380 Atlantic Drive, Atlanta, GA 30363 | Website
Show off your triple axle on the largest outdoor ice skating rink in the city!
Saturday, November 21, 2015 – Sunday, February 14, 2016!
Monday – Thursday: 4:00PM – 10:00PM
Friday – Saturday: 3:00PM – 11:00PM
Sunday: 3:00PM – 9:00PM
Holidays: 3:00PM – 11:00PM
General Admission: $13.00
Children (under 12): $10.00
Seniors (65 & over): $10.00
College Students (with ID): $10.00
Group Sales (20 or more skaters, booked at least 7 days in advance): $10.00 per skater
Private Group Skate (one hour prior to regular operating time): $500 $10.00 per skater, must be booked in advance
Ice Skate at Marietta Square
50 N. Park Square, Marietta, Georgia 30060 | Website
On November 20th, The Marietta Square will present its first open-air ice skating rink located in the charming center of Glover Park. Children aged one to ninety-two will make new memories as they skate among the twinkling lights and holiday music. Open daily:
Monday – Thursday: 4:30pm – 10pm
Friday: 4:30pm – 11pm
Saturday: 10am – 11pm
Sundays: Noon – 10pm
**There will be extended hours during school breaks and open Thanksgiving and Christmas.
$12 includes entrance and skate rental.
The Rink at Park Tavern
500 10th St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309 | Website
The Rink can accommodate approximately 200 skaters at a time and it is 85 feet long and 40 feet wide. The Rink @Park Tavern offers all-day skate for $15 – $20 for all ages until 8pm. At 8:30pm the SW Rink is a 18+ venue until Midnight.
The Rink is housed in our fully enclosed heated and air-conditioned tent, and has all the modern amenities you need for a perfect day on the ice. Amenities include: lighting for day & night skating, a heated tent or air conditioned tent (depending on the weather), piped-in music with a mega sound system, and rink-side dining. Ice-skating is available “Rain or Shine!”
Parking is conveniently located next to the Rink at Park Tavern. The parking lot is managed by an independent contractor and not by Park Tavern. Parking is available for $3 on weekdays and $5 on weekends.
All Ages Monday- Friday 4:30pm-8pm (16+ 8:30pm-Midnight)
All Ages Saturday & Sunday 11:30am-8pm (16+ 8:20pm-Midnight)
***The ice team resurfaces the ice as needed throughout the day.
The Ice Rink at Sugar Hill
5039 West Broad St, Sugar Hill, Georgia 30518 | Website
Skating Session dates and times are subject to change. Admission is $12 for Adults, $10 for Kids 10 and under. Check website for date and times.
The Astor Holiday Ice Skating Rink at The St. Regis Atlanta
88 West Paces Ferry Rd, Atlanta, GA | Website
The Astor Holiday Ice Skating Rink harkens back to the elegant era of the distinguished Astor family who founded the flagship St. Regis New York in 1904.
Under the warm glow of twinkling lights, glide around the exquisite ice rink to sounds of holiday melodies and enjoy seasonal favorites including hot cocoa and s’mores.
The 2015 Astor Holiday Rink is open November 21, 2015 through January 3, 2016.
- 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm Monday through Friday
- 9:00 am – 9:00 pm Saturday and Sunday
- *Special Hours* December 19 through December 24: 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- *Special Hours* December 25: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- $30 per hour for adults & $18 per hour for children 12 and under plus tax and 20% service charge
- Last skate reservation is 8 p.m.
Reservations are recommended. Please call The St. Regis Atlanta Holiday Desk at 404.563.7797 for reservations and more information.
Ice Skating Rink at Avalon
2200 Avalon BLVD, Alpharetta, GA 30009 | Website
During the holiday season, Avalon will turn The Plaza into an ice-skating rink the size of Rockefeller Center. Open from mid-November to mid-January, the rink will be surrounded by twinkling lights and other holiday decorations, creating a magical experience for kids of all ages. See website for dates and times.
Ice Skating at Centennial Olympic Park
265 Park Ave W NW, Atlanta, GA 30313 | Website
Admission is $12.00 per person for a 90-minute session, includes skate rental.
Regular Operation Hours
Monday – Thursday 4:30pm – 10:00pm
Friday 4:30pm – 11:00pm
Saturday 10:00am – 11:00pm
Sunday 10:00am – 10:00pm
November 23rd – 25th Before Thanksgiving 10:00am – 10:00pm
November 26th Thanksgiving Day 2:00pm – 10:00pm
November 27th Day After Thanksgiving 10:00am – 11:00pm
December 24th Christmas Eve 10:00am – 5:00pm
December 25th Christmas Day 1:00pm – 11:00pm
December 31st New Year’s Eve 10:00am – 5:00pm
January 1st New Year’s Day 1:00pm – 11:00pm
College Student and Military Discount:
$9 per person, with valid ID. Mondays & Tuesdays ONLY 4:30pm – 10:00pm
Effective November 30th – January 5th (excluding holiday weeks):
NO COLLEGE/MILITARY DISCOUNT: Nov. 23, 24; Dec. 21, 22, 28, 29